Remember St. Pattys Angrily on your Neighborhood Walk

Is it really St. Patty's? Thank heaven I have green in my eyes because I have no memory anymore. And I'm not wearing green. But anyone who pinches me can expect a really dirty look.

My Brain is Missing
Seriously, I have no memory. I can't find my keys. This is after I was holding them and I put them down somewhere and then like magic, pfft, they disappeared into thin air, and they are somewhere in the house and I don't know where. Tyler said I'm carrying the baby in my brain. And a really smart response would have been something like, "oh yeah? Well lucky you, you get to carry your baby in your wife!" But instead I thought of it a week later because I am carrying the baby in my brain.

The Beatles Gave Me an A
I am also carrying deep, righteous anger along with this baby. Mostly I feel it when I'm behind the wheel of my car. I've started grading myself lately for my temper on the road and mostly I get Fs, and a few C-s. But this morning I got into one lane thinking it would go faster and then the car in the lane next to me made it one mile before I took my foot off the break. Just the kind of thing that would have reduced me to a hot lava of frustration and contempt for all other drivers on the road. However, that very moment I was listening to Paul McCartney sing "Let it Be," and I got an A. Thanks, Paul. (And John).

Neighborhood Nemesis
Finally, you may not remember me talking about this guy. Well, Saturday Miss Claire and I took a morning walk. Lately she has taken to saying "hi" to everyone, several times, even after they have said it back. She wants to have a conversation so badly. Anyway, I hated the idea of him rejecting my daughter, but I was like, "this is our neighborhood too so I'm taking her on a walk." Long and short, he strode toward us like he always does, staring straight ahead without so much as a smile or nod. Only this time, when she tooted her little "hi!" I heard a clipped, businesslike "hi" back. Then she stopped and watched him pass us and shouted another clear, bell-like little "hi!" And again, I heard "hi." Then she stood in the middle of the road and yelled another "hi!" at his back. And a third time I heard a terse, distinct "hi." I laughed in my shock, scooped her up and walked quickly the other way in my effort to leave this interaction on a high note.

Sweet little girl! I still don't like you, angry guy, but thanks for being nice to my daughter.

Comments

  1. I don't think it ever comes back either-- sadly. Or maybe I've forgetten how to use it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading about that guy! Wow! I'm glad he said hi. Claire really is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that guy eats cute babies for breakfast, you should never go outside again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment