Luxury

Last week the girls both went to bed early and Tyler and I stood in the quiet kitchen, chatting and opening mail together. And I thought, "luxurious." It feels like luxury to me, hanging out with the man you're most attracted to in the world, talking like buddies.

Another luxury of late is the two hour afternoon nap that each of my girls are taking. Simultaneously. I hardly know what to do with myself.

Except for today. I knew exactly what to do, which was sitting down watching an entire episode of Top Chef. By myself. With no interruptions.

Ahhhhh. Luxurious.

And don't get me started on hot showers. Yum.

Comments

  1. You are hilarious! I hope you don't mind me stalking you and creepin in on your blog, but that's what I do. :) I'm glad you threw in the hot showers portion. Having a nice shower at the end of the day when Michael gets home from work feels like I've gone to the spa for the day! Oh the new motherly perspective I have on life keeps me grateful for the little joys in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is luxury. you should kick it up a notch and sit down to balance your bank accounts together -- talk about glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what luxury is? Trips to Europe all expenses paid. You should go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment