A little girl that I affectionately call "C2" recently had a birthday. On July 7, t0 be exact. That's right, she and daddy have birthdays right next to each other.
I love her. We had a tough time for the first few months of her life. But with every little layer of independence she becomes a little more content.
- her beautiful smile, so easy to get
- her little bouts of crankiness marked by a squeal, shaking of the head and throwing out her arm and waving it as if to say "stay away from me"
- her affectionate nature - even as a very young baby she would put her head on my shoulder or chest and just rest it there, wide awake (loves giving dad cuddles, too)
- her adoration of her big sister Claire
- and her love of books. She just loves to look and listen to us read. It's adorable.
If you have made it to the end of this post, here's the big news. I am twelve weeks pregnant today. The baby is due January 26th. Caroline with be older by about 18 1/2 months. I am in sweet, sweet denial as to what I am in for.
We really are so happy and excited. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around all of my blessings.