Tuscany Would Beg to Differ, I'm Sure

Tyler and I lived in Tallahassee, Florida, while he got his doctorate at Florida State University. I loved the people.

And when people ask me how I liked Tallahassee, that's what I say. I loved the people.

Because Tallahassee, the place, and I were incompatible. I did a post on this long ago, so I won't dwell. Sufficeth it to say, cockroaches, fire ants, possums, soul-dampening humidity, rainstorms that are trying to kill you, and suffocating vegetation did not do it for me.

Oh, so you want to live in some desert, with no shade, glaring sun, and 18 month winters?

I do. I do, I do, I do. I love Utah. I think it is the most beautiful place on earth. (Right now Hawaii is like "pfft. Girl, please.")

One of the biggest reasons is that I can see a wide expanse of sky in whatever direction I look. It's a canvas that never stops changing.







Beautiful Utah! I'm so glad to be home!

P.S. Tallahassee, seriously. No offense.

Comments