Stay Frosty

I just heard that a friend is going through a tough time and I really, really didn't see that coming. I've been thinking about it all morning.

Life throws everyone curveballs. Regularly. And I mean, everyone. There are so many things out there to surprise the heck out of you that you could never have seen when you were 20. (Twenty-year-olds are like little puppies to me. I just want to scratch them under their chins and give them the cwootest widdle hugs)!

While things can be hectic and hard for me these days, currently there is a notable absence of a Mack truck-like curveball, blasting through my life and leaving everything in pieces. So I'm constantly thinking, "what's coming? What is coming?"

You can guess the answer I'm getting. Radio silence. SO, this is what I'm going to do.


1. I'm going to stay frosty.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi1GXhhwI4dJZkoFsuQO_XotYF244QcHH1-DeQ_t7EazyQKAdfRpHrRijHg3iKnuZzpMlqh4NA5tqomhljVm2Np5sblFlMB_U-OKOONo7Sq_pHpwFmVdZVZV-1lDnhlsfuWJJjU9DVGju8/s1600/aliens05.jpg

Oh, Corporal Hicks. So much wisdom, such a cute face. I'm not sure why Michael Biehn wasn't a bigger movie star in his day. Terminator? Aliens? He should have been Tom Cruise. But I digress.

Stay frosty, Hicks says. Stay alert, stay on your toes. Don't get fat and comfortable. Tune into the people around you, do what you can to help, say your prayers, do your very best, keep moving.

2. I'm going to enjoy my life.

Because honestly! Look at them!

There's a wonderful scripture in the Old Testament, Psalm 118:24 -

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Can't change the past, can't predict the future, not gonna try. I'm not going to apologize for being happy, because of course things are going to get tough for me. Of course. So I'm going to be happy today, right now.

And when the Mack truck shows up, well. Then I'll cry. Whine, too, if I know me.

And I. Know. Me.

Comments