Kanarra Purgatory

On Friday I "off-handedly" said to Tyler, "you know, we should take a nice hike up to Kanarraville Falls on Saturday."

And he "good-naturedly" agreed to it. Meaning, we were both totally faking! Get it?

Bless his heart, he is a good one. He never wants to do these hikes, but I keep "off-handedly" suggesting them. And he knows. He knows that even though my tone is like "oh, yeah, whatev" that secretly I'm like "this is our family! We must spend quality time together and enjoy the great outdoors!" Then cries.

So he goes along and I am telling you, almost every time we finish he looks at me and says something like, "I'm glad I talked you into this." Grr.

That is not what he said after this hike.

On Saturday, after Kanarraville Falls, we looked at each other and Tyler said, "we're not doing this hike again until 2020." And like a good wife (tee hee), I totally agreed.

These pictures show the point Tyler and I decided to turn around after 2 hours of hiking, pulling our three and fouryear old into the water, pulling them out, helping them over roots and under spiky tree branches, all while moving at a snail's pace.

Displaying IMG_5925.JPG.jpeg

 Displaying IMG_5926.JPG.jpeg

 Displaying IMG_5927.JPG.jpeg

Displaying IMG_5928.JPG.jpeg

This is just an idea of what it's like to get a good picture with my kids. As in, it is not possible. To get one.

Then, somehow, we decided to press on. And we MADE IT.

Displaying IMG_5949.JPG.jpeg

Isn't it beautiful? Ah, but you can't feel the freezing water, can you? You can't hear the relentless crying of the four-year-old who is tilting her head so beguilingly in this picture. You can't feel the pit of dread in my stomach, knowing that we had to turn around and do it all again.

Displaying IMG_5954.JPG.jpeg

2020, Kanarraville Falls. AND THAT'S IF YOU'RE LUCKY!

Comments