Mid-Life Crisis!

I always thought mid-life crises sounded so dumb (young people usually think old people problems sound dumb). But I've been having a little one lately.

I write music, which I like a lot, and I looooooooove to sing, which is what got me writing music in the first place. And I pined for being a mom, and pined for being a mom, and pined for being a mom (which is not the same thing as wanting to be a mom), all during the time I should have been singing and writing and performing absolutely anywhere that would take me.

So now I'm a mother and I love it. More accurately, I love them.  But I'm looking at my guitar and wishing I were singing something. Anything, anywhere.

Claire wrote me this note a couple of weeks ago:



I took it as a sign.

I'm giving myself a week to write a song that I really like, and I'm going to put it up on this blog. Eeeee! That freaks me out!

But I'm doing it. And I absolutely forbid any constructive criticism. Sorry. The only appropriate response will be "you are the most amazing songwriter and vocalist that ever lived."

In other music news, Claire was working on a song this morning titled "Run, Johnny, Run...Up the Mountain."



I need to get this girl in some guitar lessons.

Comments