Force Awakens and Fruity Pebbles

Tyler and I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Friday and really enjoyed it.

(1) It was a shade too close to Episode IV for me - the young protagonist on a desert planet, a planet-destroying weapon, running around the deserted halls of the giant Empire, er, First Order facility.

(2) Daisy Ridley. Loved her. Adam Driver. He was probably my favorite. And that head of hair!

(3) Han and Leia. Ouch, for so many reasons.

(4) Why traipse about the galaxy with BB-8 in full view wherever you go? I kind of wanted to smack certain parties. Even revered ones.

That wasn't the only part of our weekend, thankfully for you. Yesterday (Our Day of Sunday Cereal) I rounded the corner in my kitchen to find this.


I want to mention a couple of things. (1) Fruity Pebbles. They're Fruity Pebbles. (2) That floor was mopped the day before. (3) My children are well fed, OK? (4) The mess was promptly cleaned up, but what kind of mother would I be if I didn't take a picture? (5) I'm aware the picture triggers all sorts of what kind of mother questions, which explains my explaining.

Comments