The "Meh" Anniversary

The eleven year wedding anniversary (which is, incidentally, today) is an interesting thing. It's kind of anti-climactic, right? Ten was like, TEN. Double digits! A decade!

The eleventh is a little like the sixth anniversary. Meh.

I can't help it, though, I love anniversaries like I love birthdays. Any excuse to receive congratulations or praise and I'm going there.

So happy anniversary to us! I am not a "best thing that ever happened to me" kind of gal. But I am going to say, I believe more and more as the years go by that Tyler was a stellar bet.

If you tell me marriage is anything other than a crap shoot we're going to get in a fight. Of course there are things you can do to increase your chances of success. You can make all kinds of decisions that give you a better chance at achieving a loving, mutually respectful marriage.

Ultimately, though, you cannot make another person's choices. Ultimately, you are taking a risk.

A big one.

So. On the anniversary between an even 10 and a perfect dozen (meh), I say happy anniversary to Tyler. We took a risk on each other, and I like very much how it's working out.






Comments