Moms Know Stuff

We've had some joyous family and cousin time over that last week. First there were Lowe cousins. We hopped around Pioneer Park, among other activities. Beautiful day and much lively discussion over which cave belonged to whom.



Then there were Stillman cousins. We went skiing on another beautiful day. 


It really was something, all these little cousins working their way down the mountain.

I give my kids skiing tips. They ignore me. I say them louder. They decide to not listen some more. My dear daughter finally says, "my ski instructor told me to do it this way, and he's a professional. So I'm just going to do what he tells me."

You guys, my experience means nothing to them. I observed to some of my in-laws that my kids are like a super aerodynamic car, and anything I say is the wind. It just flies right past them.


Another metaphor that I yell at my children often is that I feel like a ghost. Just standing there talking and waving my hands and no one hears me until they need a sandwich or someone to find their shoes.

Comments