A Small Herd of Rhinos

I had a lot of children in a really short time. My age during that child-bearing period was between 34 and 40 years old. Think about that, people. I basically had four children during my late thirties.

SO. My kids are close together, they are goofy, they are loud. Rather like a small herd of goofy rhinos, really. In some countries I could easily be their grandmother (the childrens', not rhinos). So I am suuper easy on myself for feeling deathly afraid of such things like spring break, winter break, UEA. And summer. And weekends, because honesty.

This spring break was anything but being trapped in the house with the kids. The first part was a trip to Vegas with friends and their small rhino herds. Which makes for one really big rhino herd. The most efficient description of the trip would be "complaining at the Valley of Fire,"

Look hard for the long horned goats in the background. Much more thrilling in real life.

along with "sleeplessness and hammocks at the Cancun resort." 




Honorable mention word associations include "trampoline park." "Noise." And "hot tubs."


Truey. So dang tough.

Wednesday I took the kids skiing, but we were worn out.  I finally looked at them after like 4 runs and said "let's go home." They have never loved me more.


Don't they look happy? They're not.

Then it was up to Salt Lake where my kids nearly destroyed my mother's sanity (because what 72 year old woman loves living among rhinos), enjoyed bison viewing at Antelope Island and visited YET ANOTHER TRAMPOLINE PARK.

Why didn't you take a picture of the bison, you may ask. To which I might answer, "dumbness?"

Cousins and trampolines, B!

One unexpected highlight was the duck that has taken to laying her eggs in my mom's yard and then herding her ducklings to the park as soon as they are able to make it.

Herding. Part of every animal mother's spring and part of my every single season.

After two delightful Easter celebrations...

Stillmans!

Lowes!

...we limped back home.

Love you, my own bed. Heart emoji.

Comments