My Blog Still Exists and Summer Happened

We had a fast summer, like everyone else. What would this part of the year be without some kind of summer round-up? Basically, it would still be this part of the year, only without some kind of summer round-up.

I'm more contented now that I'm out of the babies and toddlers. There is still noise and fighting and "Mom, mom, mom" but oh my gosh. They're such interesting, funny, mystifying, unique people. At least a few times a week I go from "I'm not cut out to be a mother why does anyone do this" to "this is the greatest joy a human could ever experience," within ten seconds.

Anyway. Summer. Let's do this.


In June I bought like ten cans of silly sting on clearance. Best $5 I ever spent. Backyard antics are the best antics!





The falls at Gunlock Reservoir with the Schofields. There is rarely enough water for these to form, so I was kind of excited to get out there.




Sheep's Bridge in Hurricane, Utah. Not pictured is the pizza stand and taco truck that we visited after. It bears mentioning because it was so yummy.


If you're not dead from this picture it turns out you have no heart.




Salt Lake, swimming with Stillman cousins and Lagoon with Lowe cousins.



Isn't Nicalee a straight up babe? And don't miss Claire and Amy back there.

This picture signifies their love/hate relationship with Colossus.

Fourth of July at the Brinkerhoffs, known to the locals as "The House That is Always Clean."
Babysitting our cousins - a 24 hour party unless you're Caroline, who was very upset about her wrist being bent back.


Yuba Lake with the Stillmans. The wind and sand and bugs nearly destroyed our will to live, but there were plenty of fun moments mixed in there.


He got up on his first attempt. I made 7 attempts and never got up. An important lesson on quitting for my kids.

Look at our Grandma!



I submit that the only reason for camping is sitting around and shooting the breeze.


Sewing lesson/work the boys yearly exchange, this time with 100% more Marie (who doesn't usually come). Our girls learned scrunchy/headband making with Aunt Sunny and her boys learned how to haul rocks and deposit them along our driveway. Important lessons for all!



Wes made us a steak dinner. Impressive and delish.

Pioneer Day parade 
Fireworks at Grandma's! (Grandma Sandy's that is).



One of my favorite hikes, Hidden Haven. We thought it would be funny to go into the falls but really it was just cold.





One last summer field trip to see the wildflowers at Cedar Breaks. I think after this jaunt I shut the door to my room and told them all to leave me alone. School, where are you????




Our dear Grandpa Stillman passed away on August 7th. Tyler and siblings honored their father beautifully.



I remember when I first came into the family Larry always bought me ice cream sandwiches. Once, a few years after my father died, Larry played one of my dad's favorite songs for me, John Denver's "Today," which we had put on his funeral video. He sat there quietly in the car while I cried like a baby. He was so good to me. "How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!" I believe this.



While in Salt Lake we visited my sister Kristine's family business, Johnny Lingo's shave ice. Watterson cousins in the background, serving us shave ice. (No, I'm not misspelling it. Apparently it is "shave" and not "shaved." So back off).



I was killing a lot of time so I took the boys to the Hill Airforce Base museum. They weren't as impressed as I thought they would be, but, you know. Super cute pics.




Next came back to school and the like. But that is another blog post.



Comments