Mariah Carey Stole My Life and Come See Me Sing in Messiah

Oh, yeah. I used to want to be famous.

Can't you just see me? No? OK, I'll help you.

My hair would never have held onto curl for that long.

Anyway, it didn't happen. I made some big moves (moving to NYC, singing in the subway) but kind of dropped the ball on other ones (networking, too much "Friends" and not enough hustle). In the end, the chips didn't fall my way.

It has taken time, probably more than it should have, but I have come to believe there are serious costs to fame. Of course I would have liked it! But I'm not so sad it didn't happen to me.

BUT. You still have to be creative. You still have to use your talents or you feel like you're withering on the vine. So, I get to sing a solo in the Messiah again this year, because I auditioned in between running children to piano lessons and soccer practice. Almost didn't, but did, and I'm so glad.

Once again, I get to wear a pretty dress and sing, accompanied by violins and other lovely instruments.


Heritage Center in Cedar City. 7:30pm.

Just come if you live in Cedar. If you don't live in Cedar, drive down with an air mattress and you can sleep on my floor. Just kidding, you can't.


Comments

  1. Congratulations, Debra. You've touched many with your voice and talents, even if you didn't live a life of fame :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment