The Stillmans Got Crazy

We took the kids to New York City over spring break.


Times Square at half capacity. Bliss!

Ugh, this guy. Can you see how annoyed I am?

I used to live in NYC a lifetime ago, and I wanted the kids to see a place that was a different planet from where they live. Also, the airline tickets were $67. Sixty-seven ONE DOLLAR BILLS. That means we flew six people from Las Vegas to Newark for $400, whaaaat?


Oh, WE ARE GOING!

They were red-eye flights, of course. Oh, the exquisite misery. 

We were there for three full days. Our itinerary included Times Square, a bike ride around Central Park, the top of 1 World Trade Center, the 9/11 memorial, Washington Square park, walking the High Line in Chelsea, and the American Museum of Natural History.

Central Park. We lost Truman right after this picture. I can't talk about it. 

We averaged about 17,000 steps a day. My children haven't consumed so much water in their lives.

Some observations:

The Upper West Side, Upper East Side, and Sixth Avenue (mid-town business district-ish) like the Stillmans very much. People were friendly, smiling, commenting on our cute kids.

Riding the subway like real New Yorkers! They would have been lost without me. Honestly.

The West Village and Chelsea didn't like us. I felt like all these NYU students and young professionals were glaring at us like "it is so irresponsible to have that many children" while sipping their lattes and walking their dogs and forgetting they weren't born that long ago.

1 World Trade Center. Highly recommend.

Sometimes I think my heart might explode.

Downtown was indifferent to us, except we got MASSIVELY mask-shamed for taking them off to get a picture OUTSIDE with OUR FAMILY and NO ONE ELSE AROUND.

I love you, New York City. Even when you don't love me.

Comments