Nothing Like a Mom

My mom came to visit this week. She's been a widow for 7 years and I have been impressed at how she's grown without her best buddy, my dad.


She's fun, funny, informed, animated, talented, warm, loves to laugh, a huge tease, super curious, sensitive, smart, and intuitive about people.

That's just a few of the things about her. If worrying about your children were a sport she would be on a Wheaties box. A legend, and not only in her time.

She also loves to connect with the world around her. This is her talking to some cops at my daughter's middle school, basically telling them not to hide behind a dumpster if someone attacks the school.


This is her talking to some missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And paying for their lunch, incidentally.


(I didn't get pictures of the TJ Maxx cashier that she bonded with over living in Utah).

This is the two of us in front of a beautiful autumn wreath she bought me because she will do anything to make her kids happier.

That vein on my forehead is confusing and disturbing.
She literally stole a homemade jack-o-lantern my son Matthew made for me. She just took it!


Then she sent me a picture of it on her fridge just to to gloat. Did I tell you she's bossy and nervy but in the most charming way?

Comments