We Are Not Going to Convince Each Other

My cutest dad. Seriously, right?
My sweet Dad used to have spirited discussions with his brother about their religions. They loved each other and it never got ugly, but neither of them ever convinced the other one to believe the way they did.

I think you can find evidence for anything you want to believe, whether it's Jesus Christ, Muhammad, that there is no God, that there is no way of knowing if there is a God. It all starts with you.

If you find that offensive, I'm sorry. I'm not saying I'm any different.

I do think there's a time to stand up and say to the world what you believe and what you stand for. For me, though, it's going to be deliberate and rare.

I can leave it at this - that I am a follower of Jesus Christ, that I have a deep conviction of and devotion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that I will never, ever leave.

If you got this far and that last statement made you roll your eyes, that's OK. If there's one thing I believe in, it's the human right to choose what they believe based on their own experiences.

So basically, we all love each other and are best friends.

Comments