Tyler and the Luxurious Ski Day

A couple of days ago Tyler asked if I wanted to go skiing. With him. And no kids. Alone. With no kids. That's right, I said it twice.


We bought season passes at Brian Head this year, which...I have said it on my blog before, we are not what I would call wealthy people. Our needs are well met, our kids do music and sports, we are very, very fortunate. But, still, ouch. And not like Jeff Bezos buying a big yacht ouch. Like really ouch. Tyler is always busy with work, so we just bought one adult pass. For me.

Do you see where this is going? Me, on a mountain, with four children - plus four pairs of skis, four pairs of boots, four pairs of gloves, four pairs of goggles, four helmets, one thousand falls and the the echoes of interesting phrases like "I FELL I WANT TO GO HOME" or "THIS ISN'T MY CHOICE" and so on. I did it once by myself (shudder) and NEVER AGAIN. Our policy now is that I take them up two at a time and that has worked out nicely.

Girl day, y'all


Hot chocolate because LOOK AT THEM
You didn't ask for a video, but you got one.
Going up with just Tyler, though, is a rare treat. We were there in the morning and had the place to ourselves. The sun was shining, we were breathing fresh mountain air, and we were alone. With no kids.

Tyler said "you look really happy," which was the understatement of the century. I put my hand on his arm on the way back and said "I didn't know how much I needed this," and he said he felt the same way.

Marriage! Children will kill it so fast!

And so, my young apprentices, date. Even if it's just a long walk. Because whether they do it at age 18 or later than you thought - those kids are leaving you.

Wow, I meant to talk about my beautiful ski day with Tyler and it got dark really fast.

Comments

Post a Comment